Sidney Crosby was careful not to get too far ahead of himself after helping the Pittsburgh Penguins rout the Ottawa Senators for a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinal series."I'm not talking about anything ahead of Game 5," the Pittsburgh captain said when asked about a potential Eastern Conference final against the Boston Bruins.But after the Penguins' 7-3 victory ...
Authorities are looking for a local man who has been missing since Tuesday night.Investigators said Harold White Jr. parked his car in downtown Pittsburgh and asked his friend to pick it up. No one has heard from him since.Officials said White has medical conditions and doesn't have his medication.Anyone with information on White's whereabouts is asked to contact ...
Investigators said a disgruntled worker may to blame for a business fire in Westmoreland County.The fire was reported at the Perma Cast building in Penn Township Wednesday night.Emergency dispatchers said a man who may have been fired had a gun, and when his co-workers saw the gun they left the building.Officials said an oven was left on and overheated. Firefighters ventilated the building ...
Authorities are investigating a crash involving a Pittsburgh police cruiser that was responding to a call Wednesday night in the city's Larimer neighborhood.Police said the officer was assisting another officer on a call when the cruiser was broadsided by a Honda Sedan at the intersection of Meadows Street and Lincoln Avenue.Witnesses told Channel 11 News that the cruiser's lights were ...
Soaring financial markets turned tail and ran in the opposite direction Wednesday following the release of minutes from the Federal Reserve meeting three weeks ago. The possibility of cutting back on bond purchases was discussed at the April 30-May 1 meeting. The Dow Jones industrial average finished trading at 15,3007.17, down 80.41 points, or 0.52 percent. The Nasdaq dropped 38.82 points, or ...
64.9°F Partly Cloudy
Olympus Has Fallen
Not since Roland Emmerich detonated the White House with a blast of alien firepower in Independence Day (1996) has a film treated the residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with such violent disdain as we see in Olympus Has Fallen. And not since the original D ... ...
At least 12,000 homes were damaged or demolished from Monday's abysmal tornado, Oklahoma City Mayor Mike Cornett said. The twister killed 24 people, including 10 children, and injured 353 in central ...
Authorities say the man entered the Perma-Cast plant on Corporate Circle in Penn Township before midnight with the rifle. Police haven't said what the man told the employees inside, but soon after he came in smoke started filling the ...
Josh Wander, Republican candidate for Pittsburgh mayor, talks to his daughter Tamar, 9, while trying to meet voters on Tuesday May 21, 2013, in front of the polling station at the Shaare Torah Congregation on Murray Avenue in Squirrel Hill. Pictured in the background are Wander's other daughters, Sara, 5, and Channa, ...
A Pittsburgh police officer responding to a call for assistance from undercover detectives was injured Wednesday night when her police cruiser was involved in a crash at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Meadow Street in East ...
The Olde Spitfire Grille, 1517 Broad St., Greensburg, will celebrate the official grand opening of its new contemporary American-cuisine restaurant and casual dining outdoor patio on May ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Sweet Home Hotel
It is not often we review a hotel of this size, or of this budget range, so it was a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Pittsburgh StarPittsburgh Star – Local Pittsburgh News | International Headlines
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Pittsburgh news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Pittsburgh Star is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Pittsburgh.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Pittsburgh weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Pittsburgh Star is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum has cancelled a trip to Iowa after being hospitalized over the weekend for dehydration and gastrointestinal illness, The Hill has reported.
Virginia Davis, a spokesperson for Santorum's political action committee Patriot Voices, said in a statement that while travelling in South Carolina on Saturday, the Republican became ill and was admitted to the hospital for a gastro-intestinal illness and dehydration.
Santorum, who ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, was scheduled to give the keynote address at the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition's Annual Spring Kickoff on Monday, the Huffington Post reports.
According to a press release, Santorum was planning to address how the Republican Party should continue to focus on social as well as economic issues going forward.
Santorum won the Iowa caucuses in January 2012, and his scheduled return to the Hawkeye State has sparked some speculation that the Republican is eyeing another presidential bid. (ANI)
- Kids of married parents less likely to be obese
- IPL spot fixing Police enter Gurunaths residence in Chennai
- Homes with dogs have more types of bacteria
- Five men arrested over claims a child was sexually assaulted at a day nursery
- NWI home sales continue winning streak
- OKC Mayor 12000 homes damaged in storm
- Philadelphia Daily News Molly Eichel column
- Swarthmore named in federal complaint over rape allegations
- Ex-Penn State prez Graham Spanier wants criminal charges tossed
- 10 things you need to know for Thursday
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- Jennifer Lopez launches shopping tool for Latinos
- Xero widens loss but doubles revenue customers
- Food-video site launched by Bellevue consumer-research firm
- Chinese consumers demand for luxuries growing survey
- Dodgers Find Spark to Whip Brewers Rookie Ryu Wins
- Detroit Tigers Down Cleveland Indians 11-7 On Rainy Night
- Rookie Gattis gives Braves winning thrust
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL ROUNDUP University on cloud nine after first-round City Div. I victory at Chatsworth
- Plum baseball ends season with tough loss to North Allegheny
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- I learnt magic tricks from mother Jesse Eisenberg
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei rages against state abuses in Dumbass song
- Rediff.com reports fiscal 2013 fourth quarter and year-end results
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Dannii Minogue struggled with life in spotlight after sister Kylie rose to fame
- Editorial Tim Murray takes his leave
- Living In Two Worlds But With Just One Language
- Obama needs to be more of a leader
- Politics and the seven deadly sins
- Grateful for Murdock Canal Trail
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Pittsburgh Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Penguins rout Senators 7-3 take commanding 3-1 series lead
- Police looking for missing man last seen downtown
- Investigators looking into fire at Penn Twp. business
- Police cruiser involved in crash responding to call
- Pittsburgh companies set new highs