Teenagers are now turning to Twitter as their enthusiasm for Facebook is waning, a new study has found. The new report from the Pew Research Centre in America showed that teenagers "have waning enthusiasm" for Facebook, and increasingly seen as a burden. The report cited a number of reasons for the decreased enthusiasm in Facebook, including an 'increasing number of adults on the site', the ...
Twitter is bringing in an optional two-step login for users to beef up security following recent high-profile breaches. The micro-blogging site said it would introduce the new system 'to make sure it's really you' when a user signs in. Recently news organisations' accounts, such as the Financial Times and the newswire service the Associated Press (AP) were hacked. According to the BBC, some ...
Australian Test cricketer David Warner has copped a 5750-dollar fine from Cricket Australia for his Twitter rant controversy. Warner had pleaded guilty to unbecoming behaviour after his expletive-laden criticism of senior News Ltd cricket writers Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn for an article by Craddock exposing the sleazy nightlife and alleged corruption within the Indian Premier League ...
Kutcher was asked how he thought Twitter was monetizing the mobile market. The star of the upcoming film, "jOBS," said the media messed up the social network. Kutcher, who is extremely active on Twitter, said his experience with the social network has taken a turn for the negative. "It used to be a personalized experience that I could share," he said. "I think media ...
affiliate KMOV-TV, let's recap. After the news broke about the IRS targeting Tea Party groups during the 2012 election, Conners, the longtime KMOV anchor, hopped on his ...
72.2°F Mostly Cloudy
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
After ten years and seven movies totaling nearly 20 hours of running length, the Harry Potter franchise/saga is finally coming to an end with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which covers the second half of J.K. Ro ... ...
Andy McSmith is a senior reporter at The Independent. He has vast experience in political journalism and has also appeared on documentaries for BBC Radio ...
Alberta Wildrose Party Leader Danielle Smith made a campaign stop at the Dashmesh Cultural Centre where she met with members of Calgary’s Sikh community in this April 22, 2012 file photo. Colleen De Neve/Postmedia News CALGARY -- Alberta Progressive Conservatives are chiding the Wildrose party over comments on the party's Facebook page by people angry at Leader Danielle Smith for ...
LinkCycle - Software which aims to help manufacturers reduce energy use, without deploying any extra hardware. The software, which can be used on an iPad, works by mapping the flow of electricity through manufacturing equipment and finding inefficiencies. LinkCycle has five customers so far using the software, in a total of seven facilities. Among the customers is Rubbermaid, which has found $1 ...
SES Toronto 2013 , which kicks off June 12 and runs through June 14, ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. ET. If you haven't registered yet for the search and social marketing conference, today is your last chance to register at the lowest rate and save $300! SES Toronto brings together experts and leading vendors of the industry to share with you their expertise and solutions. More than 30 sessions ...
How does advertising perform in a social-media world? How can you build a cohesive social strategy? And what are the hidden influences that shape your organization's creativity? Ad Age is releasing three papers that address these pressing business ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Venetian Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
In the middle of the Strip, and opposite the Mirage and Treasure Island is the Venetian, adjacent to its sister ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Pittsburgh StarPittsburgh Star – Local Pittsburgh News | International Headlines
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Pittsburgh news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Pittsburgh Star is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Pittsburgh.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Pittsburgh weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Pittsburgh Star is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum has cancelled a trip to Iowa after being hospitalized over the weekend for dehydration and gastrointestinal illness, The Hill has reported.
Virginia Davis, a spokesperson for Santorum's political action committee Patriot Voices, said in a statement that while travelling in South Carolina on Saturday, the Republican became ill and was admitted to the hospital for a gastro-intestinal illness and dehydration.
Santorum, who ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, was scheduled to give the keynote address at the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition's Annual Spring Kickoff on Monday, the Huffington Post reports.
According to a press release, Santorum was planning to address how the Republican Party should continue to focus on social as well as economic issues going forward.
Santorum won the Iowa caucuses in January 2012, and his scheduled return to the Hawkeye State has sparked some speculation that the Republican is eyeing another presidential bid. (ANI)
- Obesity in children linked to parents marital status
- Kids of married parents less likely to be obese
- IPL spot fixing Police enter Gurunaths residence in Chennai
- Homes with dogs have more types of bacteria
- Camarillo council OKs new rules for group homes
- Police 2 additional arrests in UK hacking death
- Parents sue Pittsburgh zoo in boys mauling death
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- Missing Montco college student found safe
- College Township mobile home park owners settle lawsuit
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- Jennifer Lopez launches shopping tool for Latinos
- Consumers reaching point of no returns in buying of gadgets
- TechStars Boston class touts throng of paying customers slideshow
- UPDATE 1-JPMorgan names Barry Sommers to head consumer bank
- On Deck Padres visit Arizona
- College team takes video-bombing to new level
- Hot Pirates get out to early lead over Cubs
- Jaffe Indians riding high as Francona returns to Fenway Park
- Top Orioles prospect Gausman to debut tonight
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- Amanda Seyfried was happy with big bosom
- Jennifer Aniston to play stripteaser in Were The Millers
- Eisenberg imbibes stage confidence from mother
- I learnt magic tricks from mother Jesse Eisenberg
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei rages against state abuses in Dumbass song
- Inspiring greatness from black graduates
- Whos stealing government flowers
- What others sayObamas forgotten victims
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by Obama administration
- Ballard fights against bike policy
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Pittsburgh Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Driver fed up with potholes makes his own solution
- WTAE Extends 1 Ratings Streak at 11pm
- Pa. may be holding your unclaimed money property
- Obama says US at crossroads in terror fight
- Alvarez shows improvement at third base